Monday, July 16, 2012











DAY 20 (Monday July 9) Devil's Tower, WY to Lead , SD:  80 miles. I felt a little weak for this ride from being sick all day Sunday. I did well in the first half until picnic though, as I rode strong with Tim. We climbed a couple hills. It did tire me out though, so I stayed at picnic for almost two hours to rest. Then, Theo helped me get through the second half by pulling more than his fair share through  what was a steady 3-6% grade climb for 20+ miles, then 7% for the last 2 miles. We stopped to jump into a rushing stream with pond. I had a small fall as I entered the gravel stop. Too tired to clip out I guess. Embarrassing..a tourist helped me get up. It was another hot day, so I put my water bottles in the stream to cool them down. Despite how I felt, it was a picturesque ride today through the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. Pictures: (1-2) Tim being Tim - drying his shorts, (3-5) views, (6-11) Black Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment