Saturday, August 11, 2012














DAY 31 (Saturday August 11th) Star Lake, NY to Lake Placid, NY: 74 miles. We had a 70% chance of rain again today, but we dodged a bullet. No rain at all on our ride, and we saw breathtaking scenery all the way through, Tupper Lake, Saranac Lake, Lake Placid and Mirror Lake. We had rolling hills and short but step climbs all day. By the first water stop at 23 miles, we averaged 20.4 mph. By the second water stop at 57 miles we were at 19.1 mph., so we were moving fast. This was my last day on the tour. I want to thank all the men and woman I rode with, it was great meeting all of you on the rides and in social settings. I want to also thank Cycle America, who ran a tight ship and whose staff did a superb job keeping us well fed, sheltered and safely shuttled between point A and B. THANK YOU GREG and STAFF! I recommend Cycle America to all. Pictures: (1) Tim, Theo, Adam, Ross, Malcolm, (2-3) views, (4) the newest 5 decade team - Tim (20s), Adam (30s), Me (40s), Ross (50s) and Theo (60s), (5-7) views, (8) coffee stop in Saranac Lake - Theo, Malcolm, Tim, (9) Saranac Lake, (10) Last ride for me so they made me wear cycling shorts in my head for the last 10 miles - plus a video from Tim on that stretch, (11-13) views, Theo, then Theo/Malcolm looking at Whiteface, (14) the last school for me - view from 1980 Olympic Hockey Arena in Lake Placid, (15) View of Mirror Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment